28 February 2007

panda head interviews...


seattle-based band panda & angel start off their US tour - which includes a stop at this year's sxsw festival - tomorrow night in DC. catch them (along with karmella's game and ingrid) backstage at the black cat, where they're playing in support of the riot girl/women in punk documentary 'from the back of the room.' panda & angel bassist/keyboardist laura enderle, pictured far left, was rad enough to sit down and answer style questions for panda head.
how would you describe your style?
Form-fitting. Street meets neat.
do you pay attention to trends? if so, how do you stay current?
Trends are not concerning but I like them. I like new fashion movements and the creativity that fuels them.
how do you pack for tour?
I have no idea how to pack for tour - touring is always a constant surprise. The cities, the weather and my mood usually are at odds so keeping it simple, very simple, is important as well as being creative.
what do you spend money on, clothing-wise?
Oh money and fashion such a shame. Once and a while the high dollar slips through my fingers but mostly you can find me at some type of clothing graveyard where unloved and overstocked items are brought together. It can be either a bit entertaining or completely maddening while sifting through all the crap in a cloud of fluorescent lights and chemicals from the clothing.
what's your absolute favorite item of clothing? did you bring it on tour?
Right now it is this rhinestone owl necklace, it is so cute. I bought different versions of it for my two sisters and mother for Christmas this year. I love jewelry. And yep, I brought the necklace.
do you make or customize any of your own clothing?
Screen printing, cutting and hemming, yes. It sometimes sits unfinished for quite some time and sometimes it gets tossed. I would love to and have thought about designing my own clothes I just have not developed the patience or skill to really sew.
who or what do you find inspiring, style-wise?
Everyone. Well not everyone but not only all the cute stylish girls on the streets and in the clubs, but also older generations and both [those with] very traditional as well as eccentric personal styles.
how would YOU define 'style'?
Style is at its best when personalized. Stylish is that which one is trying to or is not trying to communicate to the world.
what city do you find to be the most stylish?
I would say the cities with the largest diversity. Too much of the same is boring and then the style is lost on the trend.
interview by morgan. photo of panda & angel by landreth + riffle.

1 Comments:

Anonymous ambika said...

I'm ashamed I'm from Seattle & haven't heard of these guys. Heading over to Limewire now...

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home