02 February 2012

i got an F.


In seventh grade my teacher assigned our class the following: bring in a tape or CD of your favorite song, and give a presentation about why it you chose it. SERIOUSLY? ONE favorite song? To be recorded onto my PERMANENT RECORD? This was real life, and when my name was called I was ready: two CDs in hand I walked to the front of the classroom and played - loudly, in succession, and totaling 14:27 - both "Nothing Else Matters" and the theme song from Jurassic Park. Ultimately I'd decided that there WAS no deciding, and as the John Williams score faded out, I explained that there was simply no way to choose between the two most beautiful songs in the universe.
The next girl played Spin Doctors. This was also an excellent choice.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Melanie said...

Great, now I have the theme song in my head.

Hilarious story.

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home