03 April 2012

guerrilla gardening.

linds with the DEMONSTRATION, bags + instructions; a bowlful of seed bombs;
in the EARTH; gardening with the birthday girl at eastern confederate.
My friend Lindsay hosted an all-girl SEED BOMB party on Saturday afternoon; besides serving delicious vegan chili (and some WICKED non-vegan cornbread - I'm sharing her recipe for it later today), she also schooled us all in the art of seed bomb construction. Meant to be "tossed into the field or lot of your choice" or "plunked into a small hole you've dug on the fly with the heel of your shoe," seed bombs are a mix of clay, compost, and flower seeds that you can use to "beautify the ugly corners of your neighborhood" (all quotes courtesy LINDSAY HART).
While I'm SANS a backyard, I AM lucky to live in an extremely green-and-flowery part of the city - so while my guerrilla gardening tactics were mayyybe less than revolutionary, I was still really stoked to PLUNK my seed bombs into the up-and-coming backyard LANDSCAPE of Eastern Confederate Salon on Sunday afternoon. I'm sending them posi-growth-spurt-brainwavez, and am siked to check in on them over the next few weeks.


Anonymous Anonymous said...


10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home