31 December 2012


CHEERS. homebrew, February 2012
This year has been a WILD, WILD WHIRLWIND, and before I subject you to the highlight reel, please allow me to try (and very likely fail) to find just the right words to express how unbelievably grateful I am for all things Panda Head - this readership especially. I'm honored and humbled by every single page view, and I can't thank you all enough for having spent any amount of time on this blog, let alone for supporting its various projects and extensions. December 15th marked the one year anniversary of my having moved out of the 9-to-5 realm of Visual Merchandising into focusing full-time energies into Panda Head, and there's no world in which that being a VIABLE THING isn't a direct result of YOU. So thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you - and wow. Thank you again.

the End of Summer Bummer film nite at the Fridge, August 2012
SIKE! I'm not really going to subject you to a highlight reel, but in the general spirit of end-of-the-year reflection, I do feel compelled to mention that if you'd told me at this time last year that I'd be richer by five hundred and sixteen blog posts, two new issues of Panda Head Mag, ten editions of the Panda Head Newsletter, four decor installations in collaboration with BYT Productions (one and two at the French Embassy, one at the Sphinx Club, and TONIGHT'S!), one installation commission from the Textile Museum, one short film festival at The Fridge, some incredibly generous press, and a good number of other fun and friend-filled projects TO BOOT - well, you probably would have been on the opposite end of some very intense eye-rolling. The opportunities and new friendships and new partnerships that came my way in 2012 were awesome, and I mean that in the literal sense (as opposed to the BODACIOUS-based, Bill-and-Ted-style interpretation) (but actually I mean that too).

an early morning car ride during the Saint Clair video shoot, October 2012
Oh man - none of the above would have been a remote possibility without the hands-on and inspiring and at times undeserved support of my parents, my sister, my friends, my partners at THE MAG (Erik Loften, Nilay Lawson, and Kate Greene), an incredible line-up of collaborators, my already-missed intern Chelsea Iorlano, and ONE COOL HUSBAND. Thanks to them, thanks again to you, and here's to 2013 - I can't wait to see what's up next.



Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for share...

2:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home