21 April 2014


I've been trying this RADICAL new thing where I don't do work on Sundays. It feels immensely foreign – having been self-employed/freelancin' for the last several years has me in the bad habit of using downtime as an opportunity to play catch-up (or in a far less likely scenario, to get ahead on things). One of my goals for this year was to work smarter, and after taking an afternoon off last week for a lemonade and a long walk (followed up by a few hours of HBO), I found myself WAY more productive when Monday morning rolled around.

I FULLY COMMITTED this week – aside from a few emails, I totally slept in, had brunch, took a nap, and then spent a FULLY REFRESHING evening out with friends and fam. Above, a few scenes from the first cookout of the season – hosted by my friend Emily (you know her), the night ended in an Americana/string-heavy houseshow, with music by visiting bands Black Twig Pickers and Sam Moss. It also ended in late-night nachos. It was perfect, and I hope your Sunday was the same.


Labels: ,


Blogger emily said...

I LOVE THIS! You really captured the evening. I wanna do it all over again!

4:22 PM  
Blogger Panda Head said...

I want to, too! It was the BEST time.

4:26 PM  
Blogger Rachel Weaver said...

This looks completely perfect. Make a mini beach trip down to Calvert County one of these Sundays and I'll feed you grilled food stuff galore.

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home