07 May 2014

HOW DO YOU DO: BAKED AVOCADO + RADISH GREENS

The next few weeks of HOW DO YOU DOs are going to revolve mostly around food – I'm fine with the solid chance that this was the only holdout, re: lifestyle blogs, to run a photo of a baked avocado, and I'm also ok with telling you that physically, I have been feeling wretched as of late.

Business is boomin' (I'm so excited to share photos of last month's Topaz + Arrow workshop, and also from this past weekend's Blog Basics!) and projects are coming left and right (have I mentioned lately how stoked I am for my installation at next week's Kinfolk dinner? and also that I'll be re-launching my Panda Head Teepees site a little later this month?), but I'm dragging, and it's becoming clear that this temple needs some TLC (and probably a lot more sleep).

Inspired by a few women around me who have jumped on the Whole30 bandwagon, I'm following suit on the assumption that, when all is said and done, my stress-induced metal allergy will have dissipated, and – sans Pinot Grigio – I'll be ALL CHEEKBONES. It's not too far off from how we normally eat (though we are a LEGUME-loving people; see also: wheat, cheese, and peanut butter), and I'm interested to see how the month plays out.

Meanwhile, here's breakfast.

BAKED AVOCADO + RADISH GREENS (WITH A POACHED EGG + RADISHES)

half an avocado, pit removed
the greens from one small bunch organic radishes, rinsed and patted dry
4 radishes, trimmed and quartered
1 egg, poached
1/2 clove garlic, minced
sea salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and cumin seed, to taste
olive oil
fresh lemon juice
chia seeds (way optional)


1. Place the avocado half in a baking dish, and top with a very modest drizzle of olive oil. Fleck with sea salt, red pepper flakes, and cumin seed, to taste. Bake at 350ΒΊ for 15 minutes, then remove from the oven.
2. Meanwhile, sautee garlic in a skillet over medium heat, then add the radish greens. Sautee until slightly wilted, squeeze with lemon juice, and remove from heat.
3. Plate the greens and avocado, and top with the remaining ingredients.


SHARE ON FACEBOOK | TWITTER | google +

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger by BUN said...

this looks delish...and good for you for kicking off whole30.

5:45 PM  
Blogger Panda Head said...

thanks so much! i'm really excited for it.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Shoko said...

what an amazing breakfast. impressed.

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home