16 September 2014

COLLECTION: K I M O N O S

Between yesterday's L A Z  Y style post and the carbohydrate P O R N I've got planned for tomorrow, this week's content is all about FALL COMFORT. And because loungewear factors heavy into any such equation, I thought I'd dedicate time to a few of my very favorite kimonos.

Short or long, traditional or otherwise – I love them all, and started stockpiling a few years ago after hitting gold on a thrift store lingerie rack. They're beyond easy to wear (add like five safety pins and they're my go-to for Summer weddings), and while I'm partial to silk, I'm not above a polyester situation if the pattern is especially pretty. And back to Fall comfort – there is no better item to pull out of your closet when you're stuck at home, surrounded by Dayquil and Kleenex, but they're equally (and preferably) ideal for swanning around the house in the evening, glass of wine in hand and big Netflix plans for later.

K I M O N O S, from top: a vintage shop find – the ombré orange of the lining is a favorite detail /// a Topshop purchase I made when we were in Istanbul (EXOTIC, RIGHT) /// an eBay score /// and a polyester kids' size kimono – I'll occasionally pull this guy of the closet and hang him on the wall.

SHARE ON FACEBOOK | TWITTER | google +

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home