26 November 2014

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

I don't usually veer too far into the heavy-heavy, but while compiling my annual little list of Things for Which I am Very Grateful, I'm realizing it's necessary to mention that today marks one year since we found out my Mom's breast cancer had returned (and about seven months since she became a survivor for the second time). Bear with me, buddies:

I'm wildly thankful for my family and friends, and for my husband. For this city and its creative contingent, and for its creative economy, too. For the great privilege of being able to eat healthfully, and for all the other things I'm slowly realizing I've long taken for granted as being a right. I'm also beyond grateful for community, and for support systems – one of which is this readership. So thank YOU.

I'm tempted to end on a lighter note, re: Hulu and sweatpants and red wine and soft, flattering photo filters, but truly – I just kind of want to get all warm + fuzzy while raising my glass to the big stuff this year, and I sincerely hope you're able to spend tomorrow doing the same. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

SHARE ON FACEBOOK | TWITTER | google +

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home