22 January 2015


I've long been a fan of the HAVE A NICE DAY SMILEY GUY; a hardcore love of emoji has since taken it to strange and intense kind of place. He's just so damn f r i e n d l y + I appreciate his vibes.

I rearranged a bit over the holidays and found myself with some new wall real estate, and it seemed as good a time as ever to do something with my stash of smiley bags. Using an IKEA frame, a tear of butcher paper, and a few pieces of double-sided tape, I was so stoked on the outcome that I made it twice.

Whether your own definition of trash as W A L L  T R E A S U R E includes happy plastic bags or found flyers, notes, and paper ET AL, I've learned the hard way, re: framing projects, to make sure my work surface is p r i s t i n e. Both glass and plexi sing a siren's song to dog hair, lint, and weird dust specks, and it's wildly frustrating to reach the end, flip it frontwards, and then have to go back and undo. Stay armed with paper towels and a Windex-y type of spray, and STAY VIGILANT (#unnecessarilydramatic).




Blogger Megan M-R said...

no, it's true. I just spent 30 minutes framing a huge piece only to turn it around and find some speck of some uninvited T H I N G on the white surface. scream, rinse, repeat. sigh. nice work as always Morgan. how's the kitchen reno coming? need pics!

12:35 PM  
Blogger Panda Head said...

it's the WORST. with you on the screaming part. and yeess! we are mere kitchen counters away from a 100% kitchen!!!

3:08 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Love it! :)

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home