07 January 2015

HOW DO YOU DO: P L A N T L I F E

Having fresh florals and g r e e n e r y around seemed like a Good Thing To Do Now That It's 2015, and so last weekend I quadrupled our number of snake-plant-friends. They're inexpensive and low maintenance and they just look s o  g o o d (apparently they're also great air purifiers but, you know, #visualpriorities).

I'm terrified to re-pot anything (my aforementioned thrill at a low maintenance plant is directly related to a black, black thumb) and so needed to cover up the plastic planters they came in, and once I honed in on that idea I realized I might want to start also thinking about using something other than a jar, at least every once in a while, for f l e u r s . Don't get me wrong, I LOVE a jar, but it just felt time to upgrade.

Last year I was thrift-hoarding vintage copper kitchen containers without an exact plan (but with every intention of finding SOME reason to stare at them), and I was glad to be able to pull them out for the new additions. Cheap-o and readily available secondhand, they're a perfect size to hide a planter, and a smaller version now serves as my go-to for big bunches of flowers or cut greenery. This is so simple that I almost feel like a cheat for making it a How Do You Do, so lemme get lofty real quick and EXPERTLY ADVISE you to REPURPOSE VINTAGE KITCHEN CONTAINERS for ALL YR HOME DECOR NEEDS. There. Signing off.

further plant stuff/good reads/a florist: one, two, three.

SHARE ON FACEBOOK | TWITTER | google +

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home