09 February 2015

HOW DO YOU DO: S T Y L I N G / F L A T W A R E

A quickie little food styling-related HOW DO YOU DO, in advance of next month's Photo Styling + Image Creation Workshop (and hey! I'm stoked to share photos from January's sold-out class this week!):

I steady walk the kitchen aisles at the thrift store looking for forks and ladles and s p o o n s that have lost their sheen; tarnished flatware is an awesome layering piece for styling images – even just throwing a knife in the frame can help make a food shot look really complete, and the older stuff doesn't reflect/give off glare like crazy (which can save p r e c i o u s time, post-production).

Related: I spent a few highly aspirational moments of my Sunday lurking Beth Kirby/Local Milk's Styling board on Pinterest. HUBBA HYPHEN HUBBA.

SHARE ON FACEBOOK | TWITTER | google +

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger patrick walker said...

Nice Post

5:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home